Saturday, November 19, 2011

Dear Ruby,

Sweetness.
You are sweetness.



You are eight months old.
Everything you do is cute.

You have an extended family that is obsessed with you.
They travel from far and wide to see you.
you are the most popular person in the family.
No one even says hi to me anymore,
they just want to be with you
But I get it. I'm a pretty big fan myself.

Every morning...
        Your dad insists on getting you out of your crib
              You have the biggest paci-face smile
                   You are soft and your hair is fluffy,  
                             You  smell like a big peep (slang for a huge pee-filled diaper)



That is how we talk now,
     peeps
nappy
               binky
yummies
...you have made us nerds.

You are very busy.
have started to "cruise"
you kinda crawl, but nothing official yet.
You are fast.
You love to sit up on your knees and climb up everything.
Even Lily.  She tolerates it.
Oh, you and Lily are basically best friends.
Or at least you think so
You squeal when you see her.




When you are on your changing table you slap your belly and laugh.
It is pretty hilarious.


I call you Noo Noo 
dad calls you Munkin-Butt
Both ridiculous names
again, nerds
Sorry, it will probably only get worse as you get older.


Everyone comments on your blue eyes.
and your brown hair is growing in blonde.
You are laid back
and smile alot.

You love being held upside down.
You are a sleeper.
Sometimes you will sleep til 9am.
Sweet, I'm a sleeper too.

Well,
I could go on and on.
But think I already have.
Life is good, sweets.
real good.



hugs and kissies,
mom

2 comments:

  1. Probably the sweetest thing I have ever read. Welcome to nerdville. Being Ruby's mom will be the best. Love you Carey bear. Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very blessed Carey! I am so happy your life is so full of love and joy. May God continue to bless you and your family. I hope Ruby and Kayla Mae and Welles can meet up one day; that would be sweet. Love you ;o)

    ReplyDelete